Editing Blog: Almost There...I hope?

   Hey guys, welcome or welcome back to my blog. Today we'll be continuing the production of the opening sequence for my short film, The Red Room. This time I will be continuing the editing process.

As you may remember the plan was to use iMovie to edit the opening sequence. However, upon trying to begin the actual editing process I realized that iMovie wouldn't be the most efficient. This is because iMovie is an Apple software that inherently works substantially better on their products. For this editing to meet the level of professionalism necessary I decided that the editing needed to be done on a computer as opposed to using a phone. Without having an Apple-produced iMac or MacBook I opted to go back to trusty old CapCut. I then sent over the videos that were on my phone to Nijah and Callie did the same. For the editing, Nijah took the lead, but she did propose some questions for specifications she wanted us to decide on. Firstly, she inquired about the font that I wanted to be used throughout the sequence. We had originally agreed on the font 'Biotech', however, there was a discrepancy in the font's appearance under the letter 'N'. I ended up deciding on another font with a similarly creepy/horror theme called 'Nightmare Pills'. It was unfortunate that we couldn't use the original font as we went as far as direct messaging the font's creator for permission to use it. Next, I collaborated with Nijah to decide who would get appointed for certain roles, such as who deserved the prestigious title of Director. I ultimately decided to appoint Callie as the director as she was truly the one who was directing us throughout the sequence. I credit her largely to the result of the film and I was pleasantly surprised with her responsibility in the production of The Red Room. That concluded all that Nijah needed my help with specifically and I am looking forward to seeing the final draft.

That'll be all for today's blog, without further ado, please take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you next time. It's been Adrian, signing off.



Comments

Popular Posts