Re-Shooting Blog: Callie's House


   Hey guys, welcome or welcome back to my blog. Today we'll be continuing the production of the opening sequence for my short film, The Red Room. This blog will be covering (hopefully) my last filming session for this project. As you likely know the last blog ended with what I thought to be the end of our filming. However, upon getting some feedback from multiple people and the opinion from our editor, Nijah, a common issue was found. This was because the voiceover being placed over the footage we recorded silently made the scenes come off as blatantly dejected.

For this filming session, my group met at Callie's house after school at roughly 3:30 pm. We had a brief snack break whilst we waited for all of the group to show up. Then after our brief respite, we got to work. The goal was to completely refilm all of our shotty remaining scenes, this refers to storyboard slides 13-20. Per usual I had just brought my signature black jacket, however, Imani brought three changes of outfits rather than the singular outfit she had acted in for all the scenes in our first attempt. The outfits were for the young Jasmine scenes, grown-up Jasmine scheming scenes, and grown-up Jasmine revenge scenes. We went into Callie's room and quickly began. Scenes 13 and 14, were quickly gotten down in a couple of takes. Then I got to have a little fun dirtying Imai's clothes with a little mud for scenes 15 and 16. Imani surprised me with her impromptu acting in scene 16 which I felt was very convincing, especially considering we got it on the first take. Imani then changed outfits one last time for the rest of the scenes. We filmed scenes 17 and 18 with sticky notes in 17, and an Amazon shopping cart for the packing in scene 16. For the last scene (19), we decided to just put a backpack on Imani to suggest the items featured on the Amazon shopping list from the preceding scene rather than venture into the area of any potential endangerment by using a kitchen knife or any real weapons.

I hope you guys enjoyed it as this will likely be the last filming session I will ever do for this 2023-24 year. I'd just like to say thank you for sticking with me and I hope you enjoy The Red Room and the last few upcoming blogs of our adventure this year.

That'll be all for today's blog, without further ado, please take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you next time. It's been Adrian, signing off.

Comments

Popular Posts