Filming Blog: The Park

 Hey guys, welcome or welcome back to my blog. Today we'll be continuing the production of the opening sequence for my short film, The Red Room. 

As you may know, I have completed all of the preliminary steps leading up to the filming of the opening sequence. This included the planning, script-writing, storyboard-drawing, and costume/prop design stages. This blog will denote my group's first filming session. Before we start it is important to note that I will be referring to my storyboard scenes throughout this blog. It may be beneficial to follow along on that blog to help fully understand.

I decided to air on the side of chronology, opting to start our filming from the start of the storyboard. It was decided that we were going to film after school at a park. We ended up deciding on the same park where we filmed our Music Video. This is because the park has a large, regularly empty parking lot and is one of the few parks near our school with swings. Imani was set to wear a bright pink and blue outfit to fit the role of the young Jasmine in the scenes we would be filming. I ended up just wearing my black jacket to school that day to film in. We headed to the swings after school on Friday and started filming. The scenes we planned on filming were scenes 2-8. Because the scenes only include Imani and I Callie acted as the Filmer and Nijah the Director. We ended up actually having loads of fun even going to Chili's afterwards for a victory feast. Due to the need for an outfit change and it getting a little late in the evening, we ended up ending this session after the Polaroid scene (scene 6). 

That'll be all for today's blog, without further ado, please take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you next time. It's been Adrian, signing off.



Comments

Popular Posts