Filming Blog: My Neighborhood (and Beyond)

  Hey guys, welcome or welcome back to my blog. Today we'll be continuing the production of the opening sequence for my short film, The Red Room. 

As you may know, I have completed all of the preliminary steps leading up to the filming of the opening sequence and begun filming. This included the planning, script-writing, storyboard-drawing, costume/prop design stages, and most recently my first filming session. This blog will denote my group's second filming session. Before we start, once again, it is important to note that I will be referring to my storyboard scenes throughout this blog. It may be beneficial to follow along on that blog to help fully understand.

This time we were filming in my neighborhood to get scenes 7 - 13. These are all the scenes that are depicted to be in the victim's (Jasmine's) neighborhood/house. It was only Imani, Callie, and I for this session as Nijah had another commitment. Meeting around 2pm we started filming at approximately 2:45 after delegating some details. I retrieved an old Canon camera and Imani's iPad and wore my black jacket in accordance with my character. Imani wore a grey oversized t-shirt and black shorts to emulate the young Jasmine. First, I started in the car for my scene (scene 7) where I could be seen obsessing while taking pictures on a camera. Then, Imani was filmed walking home as seen in storyboard slide 8 distracted on her iPad. Next, for slides 9-13, we used the front of Callie's friend's house to film. This is because we originally planned to enter my home, but my parents were against the idea. It just so happened that another one of Callie's friends lives in the neighborhood and she was kind enough to let us film at her home. Thankfully that only took about 20 minutes (hopefully not inconveniencing the friend too much) and then, having a lot of extra time, we decided to move over to Callie's house to see if it would be possible for us to finish the entire project. However, when we got there had to be quiet because her grandma was on a business meeting. We decided to continue following the storyboard and actually got to the end of the sequence. Without being able to make the noises or dialogue we'll have to edit that in later, but it shouldn't be impossible.

That'll be all for today's blog, without further ado, please take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you next time. It's been Adrian, signing off.




Comments

Popular Posts